Student Ministry SUMMER Camp 2019
June 23-28 | South Padre Island
Camp is going to be bigger and wetter than ever—It’s BEACH WEEK. We are thrilled and still fanning the flame of the wonderful, life-changing encounters the students and leaders had this past summer. This year, the Lord is leading us back to Generate with YM360 to the exciting South Padre Island, Texas. Leading us June 23-28 will be the band, Rush of Fools, and our speaker, Afshin Ziafat. We are praying God does infinitely more at this camp than ever before. Don’t miss this cool opportunity to see the Lord move with your brothers and sisters in Christ and invite some friends who need to hear about Jesus.
Questions about summer CAMP:
How many spots are available?
* 80 spots maximum
* Priority goes to GBC members
What is the registration cost?
* Total cost is $380 (includes the $50 deposit)
* $50 Non-refundable deposit due with registration.
* Full balance MUST be paid by June 16, 2019
How do I register my student?
* Click the registration link at the bottom of this page to register online or contact the Student Ministry Office to register by paper form.
What does my registration cover?
* Transportation to and from CAMP
* Breakfast/Lunch & Hotel while at CAMP
* Worship with the above Speaker and Worship Leader
* CAMP t-shirts
Who can participate in CAMPS?
* Students who have completed grades 6 - 12 by July 1.
What do I need to bring?
* Toiletries (tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, shampoo, wash cloth...you know your bathroom stuff.)
* Bible, pen, and journal
* Swimsuit - modest one-piece swimsuit or full length/full coverage (front and back) tankini.
* Tennis shoes
* Spending money:
* Meals for the Road - 4 total meals
* 4 Dinners
* Vending machines - $1 bills and change
* Additional t-shirts, CDs, and merchandise
* Clothing - 'Finger tip' rule is in effect for all shorts, if your student has to ask then it is best not to wear them. See explanation below of 'finger tip' rule.
* iPods, iPads, Kindles, MP3 player, Cell & Smart phones will be permitted for the bus ride. We will discuss the use of these items at our Parent Meeting (date TBA).
What NOT to bring?
* Some types of foods on the bus...
* Chips with red food coloring (Cheetos, Doritos, etc.), gum, and chocolate of any kind.
* REVEALING SHIRTS - spaghetti strap shirts, halter tops, low cut shirts, tube tops or shirts that reveal the midriff. Tank tops may be worn but must be at least three fingers wide and can be worn during the day, but not to evening worship.
* Swimsuits...No speedos for guys or bikinis or oneinis for girls.
* Clothing with questionable sayings, slogans, promotes alcohol, cigarettes, vaping or any other inappropriate things.
* “Short” shorts or skirts (Stand with your arms by your side. If your fingertips are touching skin, your shorts or skirt should be longer for camp.) This includes CHEER Shorts/Soffee shorts.
* Water balloons, silly string
* Skateboards, roller skates, roller blades or likewise.
* Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes, vapor pipes or liquids, pornography, inappropriate images
* Explosives of any kind, fireworks, guns, knives or anything that could be considered a weapon.