Student Ministry SUMMER Camp 2017
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold: the new has come. - 2 Corinthians 5:17 (ESV)
Join us in Summer 2017 as together we explore how the Gospel transforms, revolutionizes, and fundamentally changes everything. We’re expectant. We’re full of hope. Because we know nothing can be the same when we encounter Jesus.
Student Ministry CAMPS are among one of the best ways to dive into the Word of God, hangout with some of the best students around, and have an encounter with the One True God. This year, both our Middle School and High School ministries are combining to join YM360 for GENERATE CAMP at Lee University in Cleveland, TN, May 29-June 2. This year's theme is THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING based on 2 Corinthians 5:17.
Early registration opens February 5. Click the button below to register.
Jason Cook is deeply committed to faithful biblical preaching and that becomes obvious from anyone who sits under his leadership. He is a dynamic communicator obviously gifted by God to be able to minister to a wide range of people. Jason gives leadership to a church called Fellowship Memphis and travels the country sharing the incredible message of reconciliation that Jesus offers those who repent and believe. He was born and raised in Birmingham, AL in a home that feared God. At the age of 8, he walked down an aisle, as he wanted to avoid hell. After a successful high school football career, he graduated from high school in Northeast Atlanta and accepted a football scholarship to Ole Miss. It was at Ole Miss that he came into a true knowledge of Jesus and began the wonderfully arduous adventure of following Him. He was a standout at The University of Mississippi and was a member of the Baltimore Ravens Football Club during the pre-season of 2009. He ultimately walked away from the game of football to pursue the call to evangelism
Widely known for their pure heart in leading worship, Rush of Fools has become a favorite in the realm of Christian music. Rush of Fools originated out of Birmingham, Alabama and burst onto the scene of Christian radio when their song "Undo" became the most played in 2007. Currently, Rush of Fools travels the world leading worship in a variety of scenes, and we at YM360 are privileged to call them friends.
Questions about summer CAMP:
What is the registration cost?
- Early Registration is $365 for the first 30 students
- Regular Registration is $395
- $50 Non-refundable deposit due with registration.
How do I register my student?
- Click the registration link at the bottom of this page to register online or contact the Student Ministry Office to register by paper form.
What does my registration cover?
- Transportation to and from CAMP
- Meals & Housing while at CAMP
- Worship with the above Speaker and Worship Leader
- CAMP t-shirts
- Adventure outing (MS - The Lost Sea Adventure; HS - Whitewater Rafting)
Who can participate in CAMPS?
- Students who have completed grades 6 - 12 by June 1.
What do I need to bring?
- Sleeping bag, pillow, bed linens for twin-sized beds (unless otherwise told)
- Towels, washcloths and toiletries (tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, shampoo, wash cloth...you know your bathroom stuff.)
- Bible, pen, and journal
- Swimsuit - modest one-piece swimsuit or full length/full coverage (front and back) tankini.
- Shower shoes - we may be in dorms that have community bathrooms with shower stalls used by multiple students.
- Tennis shoes for Adventure outing
- Spending money:
- Meals for the Road - 4 total meals
- Vending machines - $1 bills and change
- Additional t-shirts, CDs, and merchandise
- Clothing - 'Finger tip' rule is in effect for all shorts, if your student has to ask then it is best not to wear them. See explanation below of 'finger tip' rule.
- iPods, iPads, Kindles, MP3 player, Cell & Smart phones will be permitted for the bus ride. We will discuss the use of these items at our Parent Meeting on May 7, 7:15 p.m. in the Student Center
What NOT to bring?
- Some types of foods on the bus...
- Chips with red food coloring (Cheetos, Doritos, etc.), gum, and chocolate of any kind.
- REVEALING SHIRTS - spaghetti strap shirts, halter tops, low cut shirts, tube tops or shirts that reveal the midriff. Tank tops may be worn but must be at least three fingers wide and can be worn during the day, but not to evening worship.
- Swimsuits...No speedos for guys or bikinis or oneinis for girls.
- Clothing with questionable sayings, slogans, promotes alcohol, cigarettes, vaping or any other inappropriate things.
- “Short” shorts or skirts (Stand with your arms by your side. If your fingertips are touching skin, your shorts or skirt should be longer for camp.) This includes CHEER Shorts/Soffee shorts.
- Water balloons, silly string
- Skateboards, roller skates, roller blades or likewise.
- Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes, vapor pipes or liquids, pornography, inappropriate images
- Explosives of any kind, fireworks, guns, knives or anything that could be considered a weapon.
PAYMENTS ON YOUR BALANCE DUE:
After you have registered and paid your deposit, you may pay your camp balances via credit card by clicking on the link below. Payments by check or cash will need to be paid in the Student Ministry office. Remember to keep a record of your payments. All payments are due on or before the Parent Meeting on Sunday, May 7 at 7:15 PM in the Student Center. Suggested payment schedule:
Early price of $365:
Registration Deposit: $50
March 1 - $100
April 1 - $100
May 7 - $115
Regular Price of $395:
Registration Deposit: $50
March 1 - $115
April 1 - $115
May 7 - $115
For assistance please contact our Student Ministry Office at 901-260-5763.