Student Ministry SUMMER Camp 2018
July 2 - 6 | Covenant College
There is a movement happening among the people of God. Because He is holy, creating universes and human souls. Because He has exchanged His Son’s life for ours, the sacrifice that shook the heavens and woke the dead from their graves. Because He has called us to spread His truth like wildfire, lighting up the world for the sake of His name. We must respond to His holiness, His offer, His way, and His message. We cannot shrink back. It’s time to rise up. Join us this summer for The Uprising
Student Ministry CAMPS are among one of the best ways to dive into the Word of God, hangout with some of the best students around, and have an encounter with the One True God. This year, both our Middle School and High School ministries are combining to join YM360 for GENERATE CAMP at Covenant College in Lookout Mountain, Georgia.
Jason Cook is deeply committed to faithful biblical preaching and that becomes obvious from anyone who sits under his leadership. He is a dynamic communicator obviously gifted by God to be able to minister to a wide range of people. Jason gives leadership to a church called Fellowship Memphis and travels the country sharing the incredible message of reconciliation that Jesus offers those who repent and believe. He was born and raised in Birmingham, AL in a home that feared God. At the age of 8, he walked down an aisle, as he wanted to avoid hell. After a successful high school football career, he graduated from high school in Northeast Atlanta and accepted a football scholarship to Ole Miss. It was at Ole Miss that he came into a true knowledge of Jesus and began the wonderfully arduous adventure of following Him. He was a standout at The University of Mississippi and was a member of the Baltimore Ravens Football Club during the pre-season of 2009. He ultimately walked away from the game of football to pursue the call to evangelism
Bethany barr phillips
Leading worship and sharing her story of healing, Bethany Barr Phillips takes eight years of church staff experience to the road with a vision to share the Gospel through worship by way of her new release: Bring This Heart to Life. This full-length worship project birthed a heart in this Mississippi native to dive in head first to what God is laying before she and her team as they share these songs full of Scripture and hope.
She has opened for artists such as Audio Adrenaline and Toby Mac, as well as led worship on platforms with speakers like Scott Dawson, David Nasser, and Dr. Jay Strack; through these experiences, her heart for leading worship and seeing God move among His people only becomes greater as her opportunities increase.
Questions about summer CAMP:
What is the registration cost?
- Registration is $315
- $50 Non-refundable deposit due with registration.
How do I register my student?
- Click the registration link at the bottom of this page to register online or contact the Student Ministry Office to register by paper form.
What does my registration cover?
- Transportation to and from CAMP
- Meals & Housing while at CAMP
- Worship with the above Speaker and Worship Leader
- CAMP t-shirts
- Adventure outing
Who can participate in CAMPS?
- Students who have completed grades 6 - 12 by July 1.
What do I need to bring?
- Sleeping bag, pillow, bed linens for twin-sized beds (unless otherwise told)
- Towels, washcloths and toiletries (tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, shampoo, wash cloth...you know your bathroom stuff.)
- Bible, pen, and journal
- Swimsuit - modest one-piece swimsuit or full length/full coverage (front and back) tankini.
- Shower shoes - we may be in dorms that have community bathrooms with shower stalls used by multiple students.
- Tennis shoes for Adventure outing
- Spending money:
- Meals for the Road - 4 total meals
- Vending machines - $1 bills and change
- Additional t-shirts, CDs, and merchandise
- Clothing - 'Finger tip' rule is in effect for all shorts, if your student has to ask then it is best not to wear them. See explanation below of 'finger tip' rule.
- iPods, iPads, Kindles, MP3 player, Cell & Smart phones will be permitted for the bus ride. We will discuss the use of these items at our Parent Meeting (date TBA).
What NOT to bring?
- Some types of foods on the bus...
- Chips with red food coloring (Cheetos, Doritos, etc.), gum, and chocolate of any kind.
- REVEALING SHIRTS - spaghetti strap shirts, halter tops, low cut shirts, tube tops or shirts that reveal the midriff. Tank tops may be worn but must be at least three fingers wide and can be worn during the day, but not to evening worship.
- Swimsuits...No speedos for guys or bikinis or oneinis for girls.
- Clothing with questionable sayings, slogans, promotes alcohol, cigarettes, vaping or any other inappropriate things.
- “Short” shorts or skirts (Stand with your arms by your side. If your fingertips are touching skin, your shorts or skirt should be longer for camp.) This includes CHEER Shorts/Soffee shorts.
- Water balloons, silly string
- Skateboards, roller skates, roller blades or likewise.
- Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes, vapor pipes or liquids, pornography, inappropriate images
- Explosives of any kind, fireworks, guns, knives or anything that could be considered a weapon.
PAYMENTS ON YOUR BALANCE DUE:
After you have registered and paid your deposit, you may pay your camp balances via credit card by clicking on the link below. Payments by check or cash will need to be paid in the Student Ministry office. Remember to keep a record of your payments. A parent meeting will take place on June 3rd, 2018 at 4:30. Suggested payment schedule:
Regular Price of $315:
Registration Deposit: $50
July 1 - $265
For assistance please contact our Student Ministry Office at 901-756-9450.