"And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit." - Matthew 13:11 ESV
GSM MOVE provides an opportunity for students in grades 6-12 to gather together with their friends to have an experience with the one, true God through large group rallies, small group Bible study, and team building activities. They will spend the weekend in a host home where they will be led by a small group leader and get the hook up on food. This year our students will be exploring how to be BOLD in their daily walk with the Lord. This is a great weekend for students to reach out to their friends who are not saved or unchurched and get them involved in a more relaxed setting to hear the Gospel.
What can your student expect out of MOVE? More fun than is allowed anywhere else in the Germantown/Collierville area. There will be recreation and a chance for your group to showcase some beastly skills. MOVE will have you eating more, laughing more, searching more, learning more, and being challenged to see God more than ever before. You don’t want your student to miss this weekend!
Speaker and Worship Leader
WADE MORRIS is returning! Wade has a speaking style that engages students with sound Biblical teaching and insight to make the message of Christ come alive! He shares truth with those outside the church as well as deepen the faith of the believer. He speaks to hundreds of thousands of adults and students all over the world and is a much sought-after speaker. We are blessed to have him with us!
Aaron Wagner will be joining us for the first time this year for MOVE. Aaron is an independent Christian artist, worship leader, and producer with a God-given talent to write songs that combine fresh music with creative, heart-felt lyrics. His pop-rock style and heart for true worship will bring an experience to any setting that is anything but ordinary. As a full-time musician, Aaron has and the opportunity to lead worship for thousands of people around the country, and has partnered with ministries such as Super Summer and Covenant Eyes, as well as various college ministries and churches. Aaron's goal is to break the mold of music in a fresh way while resonating true hope in the lives of a broken and confused generation in desperate need of Christ.
Questions about MOVE 2017:
What does my $70 (early registration starts Dec. 1 first 60 students) or $95 (late registration) cover?
- 5 group rallies with Wade Morris and Aaron Wagner
- Chick-fil-A dinner Thursday Night
- Breakfast, lunch (Food Trucks) and dinner on Saturday morning
- Breakfast Sunday morning
- MOVE t-shirt and much more!
What if I have a conflict during the weekend? (a game, a wedding etc)
- You can still be part of MOVE! Just fill out a time away card at the start of MOVE. You’ll just slide out when you need to go and get back when you are done. We want you to be a part of MOVE as much as you can.
Who can participate in MOVE?
- Any student currently in 6th-12th grade.
What do I need to bring?
- Sleeping bag
- Toiletries (tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, shampoo, wash cloth, you know the bathroom stuff)
- Casual clothes for Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Where do students stay?
- Students stay in host homes from Germantown Baptist with small group leaders.
- All groups are same grade and same gender.
How do I sign up and what forms do I need to complete?
- Click on the registration link at the bottom of this page.
- Complete the Annual Student Ministry Medical Release Form w/notarized signature.
- Make a copy of the front and back of your medical insurance card.
When Is The Last Day I Can Register?
- Early Registration opens December 1st - $70 for the first 60 students
- Late Registration - $95
- Registration ends January 29th
Schedule for MOVE:
6:00 p.m. Student Check in FAITH Serving Area
6:30 p.m. Chick-fil-A Dinner & Rally #1
8:00 pm. Go Home and get ready for MOVE 2017
5:00 p.m. Squad Leader meeting, dinner, and info in Faith Bldg
6:30 p.m. Meet at Church with luggage and Squad Time #1
8:00 p.m. Rally #2 in Faith Building
Squad Time #2 in Host Home
12:00 a.m. Lights Out
8:00 a.m. Wake up & Breakfast in Host Home
8:30 a.m. Devotional in Host Home
9:30 a.m. Rally #2 in Faith Building and Squad Time #3 at GBC
11:30 a.m. Lunch at GBC
1:00 p.m. Recreation/Free Time
6:00 p.m. Dinner at GBC
7:00 p.m. Rally #4
Squad Time #4 in Host Home
11:30 p.m. Lights out
7:30 a.m. Wake up, Clean-up, and Breakfast
Devotion in Host Home
8:15 a.m. Drop off luggage in assigned spots in The CORE
9:00 a.m. Rally #5 in Student Center
10:00 a.m. Head to Worship Service